The windmill water pump is type of a water well pump which uses wind power to activate an engine, which drives a system of levers and pump rods with an up-and-down movement and thus pumps water out of drinking or salt water wells.
- Compared to a solar-powered water pump relatively inexpensive acquisition and simpler installation & replacement.
- It works and pumps water only if enough wind is available.
- Gaskets in the pump piston system must be replaced - changed.
- Greasing and replacement of unit parts.
- Maintenance with replacement work and replacement-costs.
- It takes only one to two days to replace an existing windmill water well pump together with a local company and install a new water well pump system.