The solar powered water pump / solar power water pump is a water well pump which obtains the necessary power - electricity - through photovoltaic panels on the surface in order to pump water out of potable, drinking and salt water wells to the surface.
- Water gets pumped constantly if enough sunlight is available.
- High acquisition and installation costs.
- Installation needs to be carried out by an expert.
- In case of a malfunction, water pumping is not possible.
- Only experts can carry out installation, replacement, maintenance and repair works.
- Maintenance as well as renewal of the battery system - if available.
- In the case of electronic malfunctions an expert is required, and long waiting periods may occur if special components have to be ordered.
- During maintenance work, no pumping of water is possible!
- Costs of experts if an electronic problem occurs, during which replacement time no water is available.
- It takes only one to two days to replace an existing submersible solar pumps together with a local company and install a new water well pump system.