PUMPMAKERS provide water & work!
The world’s first Do-it-Yourself Solar Pump System for everyone.
Sign up for our NEWSLETTER below to get the latest news.
The start of the FIRST series production for selected companies and users is starting in August 2015.
Latest news we provide you below.
The start of the MAIN series production and ONLINE START of our PUMPMAKERS PLATFORM is planned for November 2015.
Our work to this time (2015-08-05)
- Programming the Pumpmakers Platform - 85% completed
- Animation Videos in languages: EN, FR, DE, ES and PT - 100%
- Preparation of the technical drawings for local production - 95%
- Installation Videos in languages: EN, FR, DE, ES and PT - 100%
- Installation Manual & Booklets in languages: EN, FR, DE, ES and PT - 80%
- Organizing the supply chain - 95%
- Starting the FIRST series production - planned end of August; you can apply for it now
- Starting the MAIN series production and online start of the Platform - planned for November 2015
Our PUMPMAKERS PLATFORM will provide all necessary tools and information about our DIY Solar Pumps.
It will tell you how to build and install your own pump, where to get it locally and how to become a Pumpmakers Partner.
Organizations, private individuals and companies will be given the opportunity to present their work as well as places without a steady water supply.
We are looking forward to working with you!
By joining our global network (for ALL - upcoming end 2015) or becoming actively involved YOU can:
- build and sell one or more DIY solar pumps,
- find local Pumpmakers and point out regions in need of water,
- and present your company or organization to a much larger global community.
That way, you can help fight poverty and reduce the global water shortage:
Get involved, share your views and exchange experiences to help reduce the worldwide water shortage and poverty.
Join our global social network and use our world map to connect with fellow pumpmakers, NGOs, companies, press, supporters or like-minded people all over the world.
Become a Pumpmaker
Simply follow our DIY instructions - complete with construction plans and videos - to build your own solar pump, for yourself and others.
Use our webshop to buy the needed pump kit with the gear & piston unit and other useful products.
Start a Business
Sustainability is more than just a buzzword for you?
You are eager to help people help themselves?
Then our Business Concept for (new) entrepreneurs is the right choice for you. It assists you each step of the way! It helps you to start your own business and even suggests suitable microfinance opportunities.
PUMPMAKERS provides all the support you need to build, install and distribute the DIY Solar Pump.
If you have a specific question, you can contact our support directly or ask the global community. It’s a great source of information.
Today, almost 800mn people still have no access to safe, clean drinking water. The United Nations estimates that by 2025 up to 1.8bn people will be living in countries or regions with extreme water scarcity. About two-thirds of the world’s population will be affected by the consequences of our global water shortage. Some 3mn people die each year from the consequences of water-related diseases – i.e. about 10,000 people every day - most of them are children under the age of 5.
The reliance on common water pump systems that are simply unsuitable for most local conditions exacerbates the problem:
- Expensive generator-driven pumps that need unaffordable amounts of fuel,
- windmills that only pump water if there is enough wind,
- imported underwater pumps that are expensive and too complex to be produced locally and
- hand pumps that require a lot of maintenance (which, in many cases, is not available locally)
can cause more problems than they solve, thus adding to the global water crisis.
To supply water wherever it is needed, PUMPMAKERS has developed the world’s most innovative solar water pump.
Thanks to the latest technology and a patented concept, the DIY Solar Pump helps people access water even in the remotest corners of the world and provides a unique opportunity to those wanting to start their own business.
The PUMPMAKERS DIY Solar Pump is both a cost-effective and a sustainable solution. It
- incurs no running costs,
- uses renewable solar energy to easily pump water out of water wells,
- efficiently pumps up to a depth of 100m/300ft,
- allows water to be pumped at night, using the optional hand pump,
- requires NO maintenance at all (high-quality maintenance-free materials make this possible),
- is salt water resistant to avoid corrosion to the piston unit,
- is affordable and can be manufactured all over the world to foster local economic development,
- and can easily be assembled locally with local skills and parts.
What’s more, the PUMPMAKERS PLATFORM gives everyone free access to easy-to-use DIY instructions, constructions plans and videos to build and install our DIY Solar Pump.
In 2010, our team of engineers and constructors took the challenge posed by the global water crisis head-on to design and develop a truly self-sustainable water pump system.
Our goal is clear: thousands of people all over the world should have access to safe, clean drinking water - and work.
A year later, we presented the DIY Solar Pump as the very first maintenance-free water pump system that can be manufactured locally, and that runs entirely on solar power, needing no back-up electricity and incurring no additional costs.
Besides that, the DIY Solar Pump system can easily be set up to replace pre-installed water pumps, such as hand water pumps, generator-powered pumps or windmill water pumps that are typically found in rural and remote areas.
PM Pumpmakers GmbH is an Austrian enterprise, specializing in the research and development of power and water, using renewable energy sources. The focus is on innovative solar pump systems - such as the patented DIY Solar Pump - for water well construction and agricultural purposes, meeting the needs of a fast-growing market.
In order to reach as many people as possible, we are setting up an international PUMPMAKERS PLATFORM.
Its goal is to provide those in need with quick and easy access to safe, clean drinking water and support those who want to start a business:
- Using the DIY instructions, construction plans and videos that can be downloaded from our PUMPMAKERS PLATFORM,
everyone can become a pumpmaker!
- Entrepreneurs and companies have the opportunity to use our business concept to start their own Pumpmakers business.
- Pumpmakers businesses, water well construction companies and NGOs can present their work in our global directory.
- Individuals can support each other and pinpoint already existing water wells as well as regions that still lack a steady supply of water.
Our DIY Solar Pump is a vital contribution to reducing water shortages and poverty worldwide.
It is an ideal solution for everyone who wants to become energy independent of electricity, save costs and improve the quality of life for others with a steady supply of water.
It is also an ideal solution for development aid organizations striving for sustainability and increased self-sufficiency among the population through self-help assistance.
Water is our most precious resource. Water is life! We are convinced that showing people how they can help themselves to sustainably access water will help them build better lives for themselves.
Pumpmakers solar pumps have been supplying the remote village Ndzofuine near Chidenguele in Mozambique with clean drinking water since 2012.
With a capacity of up to 5.000 litres of water being pumped out from a depth of 80m each day, the system has opened the door to a brighter future for some 800 local people.